The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, is looking for a reliable, customer service-oriented individual to provide leadership in our Guest Services Department as a part-time, casual Bartender – Lobby bar.
Reporting to the Hospitality Manager, Bartenders:
- Work closely with a team of Bartenders, Managers, and Front of House staff to ensure the highest possible level of customer service to all patrons visiting The Citadel Theatre
- Pour and mix cocktails, beer, and wine in accordance with Citadel training, recipes, and AGLC serving regulations
- Use a POS system to process transactions, handle cash, run reports, and maintain inventory with a high level of accuracy and integrity
- Ensure a meticulously clean environment before, during, and after service
- Maintain up-to-date, perfect knowledge of product and specs to a standard which allows consistent execution, and accurate communication to patrons
- Other duties as requested
- Available to work flexible hours and must be available weekends and evenings. This position will have mainly weekend and evening hours but some daytime availability is an asset.
- 1 to 2 years of restaurant experience, bartending experience is considered an asset
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, very busy environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and think on your feet
- Ability to comfortably carry and lift up to 50lbs to shoulder height
- Leadership skills
- ProServe certification is considered an asset
This is a casual, part-time paid position and the hourly wage is $16. The number and length of shifts vary based upon our show and rental schedules and needs. This position immediately.
Please email your cover letter with availability (applications without indicated availability will not be considered) and resume by September 25, 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will continue to collect resumes until the position is filled.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request. The Citadel Theatre is committed to having our team reflect the community it serves and actively welcome applicants from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds. The Citadel also endeavors to create and guard a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers and internal / external parties.
Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Citadel Theatre’s COVID-19 protocols (such as masking, screening, testing, vaccinations) are a part of our “Returning Safely Policy,” to ensure everyone is safe in at the work place. PLEASE NOTE – Citadel Theatre’s vaccination protocol will be in place for this position. Anyone working in the building is expected to be fully vaccinated (if they are medically able). Please be aware of this requirement before you submit your resume.