The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, has an opening for the Director of Fund Development. We are looking for an ambitious, creative, organized, flexible leader who understands the live events economy, is passionate about the arts and can confidently lead a team with diverse skill sets for our continued recovery and sustainable growth.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Fund Development will be responsible for leading fund development and revenue generating functions both strategically and operationally by developing and implementing a comprehensive fundraising plan that includes major gifts, corporate and foundation giving, planned giving, and special events. The Director will build upon relationships with current supporters while developing new networks in support of The Citadel Theatre’s priorities. This Director will identify and cultivate major gift prospects, as well as corporate and foundation donors, and plan and execute special events that engage donors and raise funds for the organization. The Director must work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to develop fundraising goals and strategies that align with the organization’s mission and values.
The successful candidate will actively participate in developing and growing a culture that supports a positive and productive work environment and an engaged team, while meeting out commitments to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access. The Director of Fund Development is expected to participate in fostering team building, team development and the support the Executive Director in achieving The Citadel Theatre’s strategic plan objectives.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan to meet the Citadel’s annual revenue goals.
- Identify and cultivate major gift prospects, as well as corporate and foundation donors.
- Plan and execute special events that engage donors and raise funds for the organization.
- Manage and lead a team of fundraising professionals, providing guidance, training, and support as needed.
- Collaborate with the Communications and Marketing team to develop and execute effective donor communications and marketing materials.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors and Executive Director to develop fundraising strategies and goals.
- Monitor and analyze fundraising data to evaluate performance and adjust strategies as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, with a proven track record of success in major gifts, corporate and foundation giving, and special events.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a continually changing environment and work with a diverse group of people, productions, events, and situations.
- Experience with fundraising software and donor databases.
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage budgets.
- Passionate about inclusive and diverse workplaces.
- Highly visible leader with a proven track record to successfully lead a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven history of effective relationship building, and the ability to manage through public facing issues and stressors while maintaining a calm and professional approach.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task, problem solve, and prioritize responsibility in a timely and efficient manner.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Non-Profit Management, Business Administration, or a related field is an asset.
- Previous knowledge in Tessitura would be considered an asset.
This is a full-time, on-site, permanent position working 35 hours per week and includes benefits. Annual salary for this position is $90,000 but may increase with experience.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request. The Citadel Theatre is committed to having our team reflect the community it serves and actively welcome applicants from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds. The Citadel also endeavors to create and guard a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers, and internal / external parties. Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.