The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, is looking for a highly organized collaborator who thrives in a demanding environment to our Hospitality team as the Hospitality and Rentals Assistant. This is a part-time, permanent position offering a minimum of 20 hours per week and benefits.
The Citadel is a highly active, not-for-profit theatre producing a season which usually includes a Mainstage series of six plays, a House Series, our seasonal production of A Christmas Carol, a summer musical and, assorted other projects as they arise from season to season. We support a vibrant theatre school and an active new play development program. Our facilities are available for rent by other arts organizations and community groups.
The Hospitality and Rentals Assistant will assist both the Hospitality and Rental Managers to ensure the Citadel’s continued success by assisting with the achievement of company goals while guaranteeing the highest level of patron experience. This individual must be an initiative taker in creating a respectful and positive workplace where all our stakeholders are excited, connected and invested in the work of the theatre.
- Provide logistical support to clients and functions that take place at the Citadel Theatre.
- Handle inquiries regarding all the spaces available for rent within the Citadel complex.
- Meet with clients and provide proposals/pricing options as well as rental contracts as required.
- Assist with all booking and coordination of facility, equipment, staff, security, and cleaning services.
- Participate in providing supervision as required during rentals as well as assisting with ‘MOD’ as required.
- Responsible for the preparation of deposits and cash floats for staff.
- Assist with scheduling of hospitality staff with the oversight of the Hospitality Manager.
- Monitor inventory to ensure adequate stocks maintained, and to prevent waste or mistakes by staff.
- Prepare weekly orders as necessary to replenish stock with the oversight of the Hospitality Manager.
- Trouble shoot any problems that may arise.
- Pour and mix cocktails, beer, and wine in accordance with Citadel training and recipes.
- Use POS system to process transactions, run reports and maintain inventory with a high degree of accuracy.
- Adhere to Alberta Liquor and Gaming Commission and associated laws, regulations and policies relating but not limited to the service of alcohol.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Adaptive person.
- ProServe Certification an asset.
- Excellent people skills with a proven history of effective relationship building.
- Initiative-taking with the ability to multi-task, problem solve, and prioritize responsibility in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to adapt to a demanding environment, while providing outstanding support in a consistently courteous manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous experience in the entertainment industry would be an asset.
The hourly wage for this position is $20.00
Please email your resume with cover letter to: email@example.com
Deadline for resumes is February 5th 2023.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request. The Citadel Theatre is committed to having our team reflect the community it serves and actively welcome applicants from diverse and equity-seeking backgrounds. The Citadel also endeavors to create and guard a culture of respect and cooperation with all staff, artists, colleagues, volunteers, and internal / external parties. Thank you for your interest but we will only those persons chosen for interviews. No telephone calls please.