COVID Frequently Asked Questions
The Citadel Theatre requires proof of vaccination for every person (aged 12+) upon entry of the building, attending performances, and attendance for Foote Theatre School classes.
Proof of Vaccine Policy is as follows:
- People ages 12 and older must be fully vaccinated (at least 14 days from second dose of a 2-dose vaccine or a single dose of Janssen) to attending the Citadel OR can show proof of a negative test result within 72 hours of attendance.
- The test result should be a written or printed copy that indicates the individual has tested negative for COVID-19 on a Health Canada approved rapid antigen, rapid PCR, or lab based PCR test approved by Health Canada or the lab accreditation body of jurisdiction.
- Valid test results should be a written or printed copy that clearly outlines the type of test, time of sample collection, clear indication of a negative result, and laboratory that completed the test, if applicable.
- Photos of a rapid test or result taken offsite is not sufficient.
- A self-test completed offsite or self-produced documentation of a negative test result is not valid.
- Do not bring completed self-tests or rapid tests to businesses due to communicable disease risk.
- Tests must not be from the Alberta Health Services public COVID-19 testing system.
- For Foote Theatre School, proof of vaccination will only need to be shown once, but if using a negative COVID-19 test, will need to be provided upon each entry to the Citadel.
- As proof of vaccination, we require the current version of the Alberta Vaccine Record, including the scannable QR code. You may present the record on your phone screen or as a printed paper copy, so long as the QR code is visible and scannable.
- Valid identification that matches the vaccine record is also required for adults 18 and over.
- People under the age of 18 can show a Student ID as proof of age.
- This policy will be in effect for future performances including Student Matinees and Students Club, and all Foote Theatre School classes. This will be reviewed on an ongoing basis for future shows and classes.
- No health record information will be scanned, stored, or shared.
- Children under 12 years of age will not need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
- Be prepared to show this each time you enter the Citadel. Please do not send in advance as we cannot store this information on your file.
Visit the Alberta Vaccine Record website to obtain your verified COVID-19 vaccine record with a QR code.
Be prepared to show this document each time you enter the Citadel. Please do not send in advance, as we cannot store this information on your file.
Please Note: No health record information will be stored, or shared.
Yes. Masks are still mandatory to be worn throughout the building and the duration of a performance. If this means you will be missing a performance, tickets can be exchanged or refunded by contacting the Box Office at 780-425-1820.
Masks are required to be worn while enjoying refreshments from our Lobby Bars. Please see ‘Will you be offering bar services and how do I consume my beverage?’ for further details.
This policy will continue for the foreseeable future.
For A Christmas Carol there will be assigned seating which is not socially distanced.
We are working with The Citadel team, government resources, and local organizations to ensure we are addressing any facility and/or process changes that might be required to create a safe and welcoming environment. This includes increased, rigorous cleaning of touch points across the building, hand sanitizing and washing stations available for use, an updated mask and vaccine policy, protective barriers between staff and patrons, reduced capacity in our theatre houses, reduced public access to the building, and many other measures, small and large, that we are taking to keep everyone safe.
No; however, digital playbills are available to view on your computer or mobile devices here. Physical playbills are not available at this time to reduce touchpoints within the theatre.
A URL link will be sent in the reminder emails prior to the show and a QR code direct link will be available on signage throughout the lobby, as well as on cards available at the Box Office or as you enter the theatre.
On your order receipt you may see the delivery method as “Will Call”, this means you will pick up your tickets at the Box Office counter upon arrival for your performance. We kindly ask for you to plan to arrive 45 minutes before the performance start time to pick up your tickets and verify proof of vaccination.
- Purchase a subscription for next season. Register for the Season Launch here.
- Make a tax deductible donation to the Citadel.
- Reach out to your elected officials and let them know how important live arts, made in your community, are to you as a voter.
- Keep up-to-date on our programming.
- Check out the Foote Theatre School class options
To preserve the continued existence of the theatre, we will need to rely on this policy for rescheduled programming. Our programming is a result of a very substantial investment and years of planning. Our ticket sales assist in recouping some, but not all, of those costs so we can continue planning and building productions. We greatly appreciate the trust and patience patrons have shown keeping their tickets with us for the past year. Our aim is to offer full value for the tickets you have bought, but in specific cases, we can make exceptions to our no-refund policy.
If you are holding tickets to a performance that will not be rescheduled, you will automatically receive options for a new show being offered this season. Again, we promise to work with you to find value for your tickets.
We strongly encourage that you do not leave. If you must leave for any reason, you will be reseated in latecomer seating, should space be available.
Although we do encourage you to plan your trip to arrive at least 45 minutes before the doors open a handful of seating groups will be reserved for latecomers; however, these seats cannot be guaranteed.
No. Currently, we are not offering a coat check.
Yes! We are happy, once again, to allow patrons to enjoy their beverages inside the theatre.
The Bar will be serving all standard beverages. All drinks purchased from the Bar will be served with a compostable straw placed through our Citadel Sippy Cups. We ask that you place your straw under your mask in order to keep yourself and others safe while enjoying your beverage.
We will temporarily stop accepting sippy cup returns at the bars to reduce contact points.
Our Box Office team can help! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: Due to limited staffing, hours, and in keeping with physical distancing practices to keep our team safe, it may take several business days for a response. We appreciate your patience and understanding.