Your donation of will help give us the momentum to keep moving forward from the effects of the past two years, so we can continue to provide the community with a place to be entertained through storytelling and live performance.
With your help, we can maintain our long-standing tradition of adding vibrancy through art to this great city, helping to create a thriving, healthy Edmonton. Please donate today!
THE CITADEL BIPOC FUND
The Citadel Theatre believes unconditionally that equity and diversity must be at the heart of our organization. We have made a commitment to sharing stories by playwrights who identify as Black, Indigenous, and people of colour (BIPOC), and supporting BIPOC artists at all stages of their careers. To celebrate these artists, we’ve created the Citadel BIPOC Fund, which will directly benefit BIPOC artists and their stories.
Since 1965, the Citadel Theatre has been the artistic and cultural heart of our community. With your donation, you can ensure that the we continue to make a positive difference to the members of our community:
- With your generosity, 130,000 audience members will experience the stories created by a local playwright who was able to receive dramaturgical support and development workshops through the Accelerator Play Development program.
- With your passion, a child with autism was able to develop their imagination and social skills through the I Can Pretend! program at the Foote Theatre School.
- With your dedication, a group of differently-abled adults were able to take advantage of subsidized tickets through the Tickets for All program.
- Your commitment to storytelling in Edmonton and your passion for the Citadel Theatre is the foundation of our success.
Your generosity allows us to fulfill our vision by:
- Placing excellence on our stages with a wide variety of relevant, entertaining and challenging work that more than 100,000 people enjoy annually.
- Advancing the talents and aspirations of young, emerging, and established artists through the creative development programs of our Academy, which provides training, mentorship, and employment.
- Providing opportunities for all members of our community to become more deeply involved in the creative process through imaginative and original programming, created to strengthen the bond between patrons and artists.
If you are looking to honour the memory of a loved one or to celebrate a special occasion, Milestone Moments are a great way to recognize those who have an important place in your heart. We will work with you to personalize your Milestone Moment donation.
The Citadel has different levels of benefits to celebrate our supporters. Your gift works toward our vision of being recognized and respected as a national centre of excellence in production, creative development, and audience engagement – the artistic and cultural heart of our community.
- All donations will be recognized with a letter of thanks and listed in our Annual Report.
- Contributions of $25 or more receive a tax receipt in accordance with CRA guidelines.
- Annual contributions of $100 or more will be recognized in our production playbills for one year.
- If you would like your donation to remain anonymous, please let us know.
CHORUS – $1 TO $99
SUPPORTING – $100 TO $499
LEAD – $500 TO $999
STAR – $1,000 TO $2,499
DIRECTOR – $2,500 TO $4,999
ARTISTIC DIRECTOR – $5,000 TO $9,999
STEWARD – $10,000+
Please contact the Fund Development Department if you have any questions, or would like to discuss sponsorship opportunities.
THE CITADEL THEATRE IS A REGISTERED CHARITY. CHARITABLE REGISTRATION NUMBER 11922 7387 RR0001.